Thursday 2 January 2014

understanding khushi (chapter 18)

Chapter 18

Now you stop chattering khushi and lets go, buajii must have come. Both ready to go down stairs and face everything together.
When they were coming down, everyone was happy to see khushi back and first one to express it was NK "khushiji you are back. I am so happy. You know the dinning table is so bland without you and this nanav he is all angry and chidchida without you." Next to follow was nani and said "good that you are back bitiya."
Next in line was di she hugged her and said "it's good you are back. You know nobody made me those snacks which you make to pamper my disturbed taste buds. I am so glad I would not get bored. And you know last night, no actually day before that the little one kicked when I told her that I miss you."
 Buajii was silent and waited for Arnav to speak  and he said "Let us all have breakfast than I want to speak to you all that's why Buajii is also here. Come let us have breakfast." The house was back to life and the table was full in fact overloaded with people nani,buajii, mamaji,mamiji,akash,payal,di ,khushi and offcourse NK thought arnav. The breakfast was a jolly affair with Anjali pulling Arnav's leg than to divert the attention Arnav told everyone about what NK and Akash did at the new year partially. Saving  a few details to save them from beating. Also NK told about his new job. Di told about the list of her new cravings and Arnav received a blow from khushi when he commented back saying "di , trust me the little one is as foodie and talkative as khushi, so it would be better you start spending more time with me or payal, so that the effect is nullified and little one gets some brain and learns to keep quite." All laughed.
After breakfast all were seated in the hall and then Arnav also sat along with khushi and held her hand and said "I know whatever I am going to tell you, is going to shock you, but trust me everything is going to be fine if you all just support me and stay with me. I will make everything right." He looked at Anjali and continued "di you have to stay strong and don't panic and stay calm. I am telling you this because I think you are capable of handling me if I breakdown somewhere... The thing is Khushi is suffering from a small cancer in her liver." There were shocks on all faces and tears in others but he continued "The good thing is it is in her lower part of the liver and can be removed and her liver will soon grow back. She did not tell anyone till now because of what happened few days back. And last night she had fainted in buajii's house i.e. after that she told me about it in the hospital. He could see panic and he continued ...don't worry she is fine and I have talked to the doctor. The point now is that she needs to be operated and I have decided to not delay it further as the sooner we start the treatment, lesser the risk. I have arranged for her treatment and I am taking her to London for that. And then he looked at di and said di I want you to come with me. Will you and little one accompany me with khushi? He was trembling a bit thinking if di refuses and continued "I have asked permission from your doctor too. It will be safe." He could not say further but Anjali knew what to do "offcourse Chote, There is nothing to ask. I and little one would have accompanied its mami even if you would have refused. And do not worry khushiji will be fine. I know it. She then pulled up and sat near khushi and pulled her and arnav's hand together and placed there palms on her stomach and said you know I am carrying the baby but it has always been its mama and mami who have stood up for it, protected it and made sure that it is fine even before it is born. So I know that nothing will happen to its mami and she will be always there with little one to trouble its mama. Always and always."
This was all that was needed and Arnav was back in control. Then he explained everyone what he had planned and that he will handle from London and akash can handle here and they can all come to London when khushi gets operated and get well as well. He asked buajii too and told her about not informing khushi's parents for now and she agreed. She was crying but said "I know I have full trust on you that you will not let anything happen to my butterfly. My blessing are with you. Take her and get her back well faster."
Arnav just composed himself and said "I promise." At that arnav decided to even make sure gupta were in london when khushi was well and at fashion show too.
With that what followed were hugs and well wishes. Mamiji was loudest and even cried. Arnav knew all needed time to compose themselves and it was best to let them alone for some time, so After that arnav and khushi headed to the hospital to follow up with the doctors.

please leave your comments...

6 comments:

  1. Awesome part..............Hope khushi gets well soon.............thanks for the PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx for the update,loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about telling the twins? Wouldnt khushi want to see her brother and sister once before going under the knife.surgery is dangerous 100 things could go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonder if they will meet the twins. love the story so far

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad but beautiful the way the family are together. I'm sure the will support Khushi throughout her illness.

    ReplyDelete