Tuesday 4 February 2014

understanding khushi (chapter 28)

Chapter 28


The day passed fast. All were busy , preparing for Khushi , Anjali and Arnav to leave for London. Arnav had coordinated everything with doctor Nisha and Ms. Sifiana. Arnav had personally made all the arrangements in London too.
The lunch was a very quick affair. After lunch Khushi was taking a small nap and Arnav was watching her when her phone started ringing. Arnav saw it was poorvi calling. He did not want khushi to get disturbed so he picked the phone and moved to the poolside. He picked up the call and was amused and a small smile adorned his face, the other person on the phone was continuously blabbering not waiting for response, as if wanting to tell khushi everything in all one breath, finally after good 4 minutes she stopped and asked “jiji?” arnav smiled and said “I thought just like your jiji, you would never stop your chattering. I wonder how you two manage to talk so much without a break.” Before arnav could say more she said “jijaji aap……………wo mughe laga jiji thi. Hume maph kar dijiye…………………….silence……………….” arnav was amused “ you seem to be a copy of khushi, hey why have you gone all quit?” poorvi replied “ it not like that jijaji, wo aapse pehli baar baat kar rahi hoon. “ arnav replied “its ok, ask your jiji ,I am not that dangerous. Khushi has left her phone , I will tell her to call you back. ” he replied “no jijaji, Its nothing that I can not tell you. I know you are very busy and cannot come. Actually we wanted jiji to attend our degree day and graduation night , its just because of her that we are here. She has never done or asked anything for herself but we want to give her that happiness and contentment that her struggle for us has borne it fruit. But she is saying that she would not be able to come, and instead she had send this beautiful saree and Armani suit for poorav for graduation night. If you can please allow, please sent her jijaji, I will give you anything in return, but please can you allow her to attend our graduation day please please jijaji.” 
 Arnav chuckled and said “deal done. Be ready I am a business man and I will use this deal one day. Don’t forget. Waise this was a surprise but now since you requested me, so my youngest saali sahiba I am bringing your jiji to London, though she does not know  it ,that also for your graduation party. I will surprise her. I will never let her miss anything like this so important for her.” Poorvi was so happy and squeeled “you are great jijaji, I am just so happy that jiji found some one like you.  She deserves so much happiness which we sadly could never give her and instead she always was on the giving end. Do you really love her that much ?”
Arnav got serious and continued “ I am lucky to have her, she completes me. I I am sorry that I married her in your absence, but trust me it was important to save her from some evil people. She is my life. I love her beyond reasons. And don’t say you never gave her anything. Your and poorav’s happiness ,well being and success is her achievement and happiness. So just chill and trust me, and about all her other desires…..i will fulfil each single one of them. And I am sure, though I cannot see it, just like khushi you must be jumping with happiness. One more thing now please don’t tell khushi about it and tell poorav too. I will See you day after tomorrow.”  Poorvi  sent a silent prayer to devi maiya for giving her jiji someone like arnav. Poorvi said “ok jijaji. I am dying to meet you. See you take care.” And cut the call.
Arnav decided to tell poorav and poorvi to tell about khushi’s surgery after grad night. Also he decided that in his and khushi’s third secret marriage, he will have twins as his secret guests.

Khushi woke up after sometime and saw Arnav putting the packed luggage aside and instantly he came over and planted a kiss over her lips and asked “ are you still feeling tired jaan?” khushi nodded and said “these days I often feel like this. It part of…………………” arnav pulled her into a fast kiss and said “no. don’t worry, just one month dear and I promise this all sickness, I will make sure goes away.” After a while he said “poorvi called and I just said a hello and told you shall call later.”

2 comments: